The Boiler is an intense week-long workzone for startups that need a solid pitch-deck grounded in data. It is perfect (necessary) for any startup that will communicate with the surrounding ecosystem such as public soft funding (Innofounder, Innobooster, Vækstfonden etc), private investors and anyone else who is interested in your startup.
A solid and rehearsed pitch deck is a necessary tool in your startup toolbox. By “solid” we mean that you have empirical support for whatever you claim in your pitch.
Throughout the week we will clarify key questions such as
- Where do I fit in the value chain?
- Who is my customer?
- What value will I create and how will I deliver it?
- How will my business model look like? (We will not apply the Business Model Canvas)
- What kind of team (competencies and skills) will I need?
By the end of the week you have
- A solid pitch-deck grounded in data
- Practiced and received feedback on your pitch
- A visual business model (not the BMC)
- New contacts (20 +) for you to follow up on
The format looks like this
- We will provide frameworks and tools.
- You set a plan for how many – and who – to contact (call).
- You call and conduct desktop research.
- We meet groupewise in “Strategy sit-downs” to discuss the progress and the new information.
- Repeat 1-4.
- Final presentation with crisp pitch deck Friday afternoon in front of a panel of experienced entrepreneurs and investors.
The Boiler is not rocket science, it is just hard work, and the framework is supposed to keep you on your toes, and get things done.
A typical The Boiler-week looks like this
Monday: 09.00 – 10.00 Check-in
Tuesday: 13.00 – 15.00 Strategy sit-down
Wednesday: 20.30 – 22.00 Strategy sit-down
Thursday: 13.00 – 16.00 Presentation rehearsal
Friday: 13.00 – 16.00 Presentation for a panel of experienced entrepreneurs and investors.
The Boiler is perfect for startups that have recently participated in Startup Essentials. Other, more mature startups, that need a week of intense and guided work are also welcome, as long as they can see themselves in one or more of the topics mentioned above.
The only requirement for participation is that you have enough time to conduct research (10 calls a day + desk research) in between the scheduled sessions.
Maximum number of participants: 6 startups (first come -first served principle) Based on interest, there will be additional “The Boilers” throughout the semester. Register by sending an e-mail to startup advisor in The Kitchen, Vegar Lein Ausrød on email@example.com