Looking to get your development costs financed without your ownership shares being diluted? Soft funding ensures financial de-risking and gives you time and money to work on your idea.
√ Equity free
√ Financial de-risk
√ Seal of approval
Soft funds at various levels
Technology Readiness Level (TRL)
Examples of soft funds
Important success criteria
LEVEL 1: Idea and research
Important success criteria are to describe your early research and innovation.
LEVEL 2: Conceptualization
LEVEL 3: Experimentation
Important success criteria are to describe your impact, team and market feedback.
LEVEL 4-5: Prototype validation
LEVEL 6-7: Prototype demonstration
Important success criteria are to describe your business partnerships, project planning and business impact.
LEVEL 8-9: System complete, ready for production
By now, you have advanced to sales, licensing or the private investment market.
Important success criteria are to describe your commercial and operational goals.
- The higher up the scale, the bigger the cash, and the bigger the requirements
- The Kitchen have funds available at each level
- Preparation and planning will get you far
- Increase your chances by applying to several funds. The hit rate per fund is usually 25%.
- Make sure your startup is aligned to the criteria of each fund you apply to.
- Pay attention to how you describe your impact.
- Show bottom-up market validation.
- Plan your funding journey from idea phase to production phase.
The Kitchen also offer selected grants for startups from Aarhus University in collaboration with our partners.
EarlyCash is a grant for Aarhus University startups in the early stages.
BII Futures Grant
BII Futures is a grant for Master’s and PhD students at Aarhus University within life science and food tech.