In other words, this policy only covers data protection issues. Information regarding Aarhus University’s compliance with requirements in the Marketing Practices Act can be found in relation to your sign up to activities at The Kitchen.
The data controller is:
Nordre Ringgade 1
8000 Aarhus C
CVR number 31119103
Questions and contact
You are always welcome to write to us here if you have any questions regarding the content of this policy or how we process your personal data.
Aarhus University’s data protection officer can be contacted at email@example.com.
Purpose, categories of personal data and legal basis
We process your personal data for these two purposes:
We process your personal data in order to communicate with you by email, including:
- Emails with content relevant for your involvement with The Kitchen, for instance invitations to events, information about activities, projects and tools, opportunities for networking or collaboration.
- Emails while you are a part of The Kitchen. The frequency of emails sent may vary depending on your current activities.
For this purpose, we collect the following data:
- When you sign up, you provide us with your name and your current email address.
2) Participation in entrepreneurial programs
This includes counselling, workshops and events at The Kitchen in relation to the entrepreneurial programs. These programs are open to researchers, students, graduates/former students, or employees at Aarhus University.
We process your personal data in order to:
- Provide you with counselling relevant to your startup case.
- Develop our events and competency development offers and other initiatives aimed at participants in entrepreneurial programs at The Kitchen.
- Produce anonymized analyses and statistics of the activities in The Kitchen’s entrepreneurial programs for the purpose of internal use by The Kitchen/Aarhus University.
For this purpose, we collect the following data:
- When you sign up for a program at The Kitchen, you provide us with your name, your current email address and your current occupation (position and workplace).
- In addition, you provide us with your gender and nationality along with non-personal data regarding the startup case you are involved with.
Data are obtained through your interaction with The Kitchen (eg. participation in events), emails (clicks) and website (cookies).
Processing activities and legal bases
Legal basis is your consent in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) article 6(1)(a).
The data provided when you sign up at The Kitchen are registered in Aarhus University’s relationship management database.
If you are already registered here (for instance as an AU alum or a PhD student at Aarhus University), information regarding your registration will be integrated into your existing profile as a general rule.
The legal basis is The Kitchen/Aarhus University’s legitimate interest in providing professional and coordinated relations management, GDPR article 6(1)(f)
Access to your personal data
Your data may be shared within the university where necessary regarding the purposes described above. The Kitchen/Aarhus University will not exchange your personal data with any third party without your consent.
Withdrawal of consent
Your consent is withdrawn when you are no longer a part of The Kitchen. Should you wish to withdraw your consent before that time, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your withdrawal of consent only applies to future communications and does not affect the lawfulness of our data processing undertaken based on your consent up until the time of withdrawal.
Your withdrawal of consent to receive email communication from The Kitchen does not include a withdrawal of your implicit acceptance of cookies when you visit the websites of The Kitchen/Aarhus University. Find out how to delete or block cookies here: https://international.au.dk/cookie-policy/
Storage and deletion of personal data
As long as you are a part of The Kitchen, we will continue to store both your sign up data and the historical data of our interactions with you and your startup case. The objective is to maintain an overview of your interaction history in order to provide you with the most relevant, targeted services possible, as well as to provide information on previous communication, participation in events, courses and so on.
If and when you leave The Kitchen and thereby withdraw your consent to receive email communication from us, we will continue to store the data on your profile that we are legally obliged to store or the continued storing of which still has legitimate purpose in administering other interactions you may have with Aarhus University, for instance other news subscriptions, participation in other Aarhus University events and/or membership of Aarhus University’s Alumni Network.
Your rights as a data subject
Apart from the right to withdraw consent to email communication from us, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to access the personal data we have registered about you and to receive a range of information regarding our processing of your personal data.
- The right to have inaccurate or incomplete data concerning you corrected.
- The right to deletion of your personal data, however there are certain statutory exceptions, including the Bookkeeping Act.
- The right to object to our collection and further processing of your personal data, including the right to object to our use of your data for direct marketing.
- The right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- In some cases, the right to request that we transfer the data that you have provided to us to another organisation or directly to you (data portability).
- The right to file a complaint with Datatilsynet (The Danish Data Protection Agency).
Please note that your rights may be limited by other legislation or be subject to exemptions or special conditions.
You exercise your rights in relation to us by writing to us here.
You are welcome to contact us if you disagree in the way we process your personal data or the purposes for which we process your personal data. You can also file a complaint to:
Carl Jacobsensvej 35
Phone: +45 33 19 32 00
- You can read more about data security and other aspects of Aarhus University’s data processing here:
- You can read more about your rights and the filing of complaints on the Data Protection Agency’s website: